compensation: Negotiable and Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
For more than 24 years, HHC Group has been helping health insurance payers recover revenue and bolster their bottom lines. HHC Group works to optimize the revenue cycle. Our recovery teams are truly the best and most experienced at finding and recovering lost or unidentified hospital over-billing, upcoding, downcoding, unbundling, etc.. We take a holistic approach to revenue recovery and look at not only contract compliance, but charge and revenue integrity, as well as regulatory compliance such as Transfer DRG and DRG validation. Today, we serve hundreds of health care payers nationwide
As the Inpatient Coding and Documentation Auditor, your primary role will be auditing inpatient cases for DRG validation and/or documentation improvement. Opportunity to take on Lead Auditor duties, which includes implementation trainings for new clients, attending client team meetings and quarterly business reviews, and other client-facing activities.
• Review inpatient medical records for validation of DRG assignment
• Provide detailed rationale and supporting evidence for recommendation and findings
• Utilize industry-recognized references to support their review findings, such as the ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, AHIMA Standards of Ethical Coding, AHIMA Practice Briefs related to compliant querying, and AHA Coding Clinics
• Current AHIMA credentials such as RHIA, RHIT, and/or CCS required with additional Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) credentials such as, CDIP and/or CCDS preferred
• 3+ years of ICD-10 coding and DRG reimbursement experience, with recent acute inpatient coding and/or auditing experience
• Previous experience training and mentoring coders and/or auditors is highly desired
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with multiple EMR Systems such as Epic, Cerner, and Meditech
The culture at HHC Group embraces those that demonstrate a deep passion for solving the problems of healthcare with enthusiasm for building positive working relationships and winning as a team. Take the work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously. Creating a strong workplace culture has been one of our staples, which we believe encourages and inspires employees to do their best. Join a fulfilling team of like-minded individuals who can get their work done, but still have fun!
BENEFITS: HHC Group provides an extremely competitive benefit package that includes a 401(k), profit sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance and more.
HHC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities