PDS Tech is seeking an Assembler for an open position in Frederick, MD
• The Assembler is part of our Manufacturing and Assembly team, they are responsible for verifying correct quantities of components parts and quality checking completed items.
• May also be responsible for managing parts inventory and basic reporting.
• The ability to use hand tools and mechanical equipment is beneficial in this role, as is an understanding of basic engineering principles and a knowledge of safety procedures.
• Applicants should enjoy working as a team to reach completion goals.
• The best applicants are safety / quality / productivity minded, have a positive attitude and are commitment to punctuality and attendance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Helps prepare materials for fabrication, and helps assemble metal conveyor parts.
• Understands and utilizes verbal and written instructions such as blue prints
• Constructs the assemblies and sub-assemblies and assists in specialized production of conveyor parts.
• Uses hand tools: air, electrical and manual, and measuring instruments.
• Inspects each part to verify quality and functionality
• Works as a team to resolve assembly problems
• Reports labor accurately each day
• Assists less experienced assembly personnel
• Maintains a clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1 or more years’ experience in manufacturing assembly
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations to employees of the organization
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and read/comprehend a tape measure
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Maintain reliability and punctuality
• Regularly stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Occasionally sit and climb or balance
• Frequently lift 10-25lbs
• Must be able to wear PPE ( Steel toed boots and safety glasses)
• Prefer 1 or more years education in a skilled trade, technical program or training received working in manufacturing assemble job(s)
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers