QR Code Link to This Post
Under limited supervision, the mechanic position performs repairs and maintenance on equipment and vehicles; performs related work as assigned.
• Diagnoses and repairs vehicles and large heavy equipment.
• Performs routine maintenance and repairs of vehicles and large heavy equipment.
• Reads and interprets vehicle condition reports and repair orders.
• Completes paperwork associated with repairs and inspections.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs related work as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
• Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
• Noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, sitting and climbing for extended periods of time.
• Must frequently lift or move items 50 pounds or more
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work and walk on uneven terrain.
Required Education and Experience High School diploma or GED.
• One-year experience on large heavy construction equipment.
• Diesel and hydraulic experience.
• Basic computer skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Mechanic degree or certificate.
• Certificate in electrical diagnostic.
• Welding/fabrication experience.
• Five years’ experience on large heavy construction equipment.
• Valid driver’s license with CDL endorsement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Company Confidential follows federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, natural origin, age, handicap, marital status, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation. All employees are expected to conduct themselves in such a manner so as to maintain a working environment free of unlawful discrimination.