compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Inspect, maintain, and control process equipment and perform mechanical maintenance throughout the plant. Adhere to all applicable regulations to provide, safe, reliable, and cost effective operation of the plant to meet processing, permit, and other applicable requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitor and control plant operations in accordance with company policies and
plant standard operating procedures
2. Maintain records of plant operations including, but not limited to, hourly
operating data and abnormal operating conditions.
3. Ensure that the facility operates within permit compliance, at/above design
capability, and produces high quality product at all times
4. Participate and complete training programs within the time frame allotted
5. Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure the safe,
clean, and efficient operation of the facility to include sweeping, shoveling, and
other housekeeping activities
6. Enforce and maintain standard safety procedures and maintain clean work area
at all times
7. Perform fire guard duty and confined space watch
1. Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the workplace
and display proper judgment in responding to them
2. Ability to read and comprehend instructional manuals, instruction sheets,
technical data, work orders and mechanical drawings in English
3. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the plant fire protection apparatus
4. Ability to operate all fire protection equipment
5. Thorough knowledge and understanding of occupational hazards connected
with machine shop and general plant practices with emphasis on the necessity
of safety policy compliance
6. Ability to work varying shifts, overtime, holidays, on call duty and emergency
7. Communication skills – verbal and written
8. Ability to operate a computer
9. Ability to perform basic math
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience as operator or other process plant operations, or
3. Strong mechanical & electrical aptitude
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Talking, Hearing, Seeing Sitting, Standing, Walking, Fingering, Kneeling,
Crouching, Pushing, and Pulling
2. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside
3. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause worker to
shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
4. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such
as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current,
working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to
5. The workers frequently is in close quarters, crawl space, shafts, manholes, small,
enclosed rooms, small sewage and water line pipes, and other areas which
could cause claustrophobia.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers