QR Code Link to This Post
An HBW Construction Driver is integral to the company's construction projects. The Driver coordinates with Superintendents the removal and disposal of construction debris from job sites and delivers supplies to various job sites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates HBW's dump truck to move construction debris and deliver materials and supplies.
- Performs required before, during and after-operation "user maintenance" and immediately reports equipment or mechanical failures to management.
- Ensures truck is clean and receives regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Provides outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Manages routes and routines efficiently, conserving resources such as fuel when possible.
- Serves as an HBW advocate and ambassador in every interaction with coworkers, customers and public.
- Complies with all DOT and HBW regulations and rules and adheres to all safety standards.
- Performs any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall construction operations.
- Communicates daily via verbal, text and email to Field Operations Manager and Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of the metropolitan D.C. area streets and traffic patterns.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds from ground to waist level and 30 pounds to above shoulder level.
- Ability to sit, handle or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. May occasionally be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to work in and around construction sites and deal with daily weather conditions and fluctuations.
- Ability to use hand and small power tools.
- Ability to adhere to a rapidly changing schedule with occasional unpredictable work hours.
- At least two years' experience operating a dump or equivalently-sized truck.
- Possesses a valid CDL driver's license.
- Meet HBW's Driving Record Standard
- Willingness to drug test monthly
- Ability to follow all OSHA and HBW Construction safety rules.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Thrives in a friendly, fast-paced, team-oriented environment where accountability, work ethic and a "can do" attitude is a necessity.
- High school diploma or GED required.
HBW Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Click Here to Apply or use the link below