We are a tax and accounting firm based in Columbia, Maryland. We have an opening for an Administrative Assistant. Mon-Fri, position is flexible to be FT or PT, flexible hours and flexibility working at home some days. Some overtime may be required during tax season (including working on Saturdays from Feb-Apr 15th).
The ideal candidate is one who can perform independently, take self-initiative, be a team player, have a desire to grow and be able to learn from criticism.
This position is to help and assisting with bookkeeping and accounting services for our clients.
• Following up with clients for required accounting documents.
• Scanning and organizing documents
• Downloading client documents from various websites, per established procedures
• Managing mini projects for clients, such as completing state filings, responses to notices, gathering data requested, etc.
• Proactively sending handwritten birthday and anniversary cards to clients
• Managing social media accounts
• Preparing tax packages, according to procedures
• Following up with clients for payment and signatures for tax returns
• Postage, Fed-Ex, greeting clients, answering phones, and other misc. duties
Skills, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years tax/accounting firm experience
• Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience
• Minimum of 5 years customer service experience
• Familiarity with office functionality, bookkeeping, and basic accounting procedures
• Competency in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Good handwriting to send handwritten notes to clients and associates.
• Accuracy, organization, and strong attention to detail
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize the tasks
• Must be able to maintain full confidentiality regarding personal and proprietary information
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new responsibilities
• Ability to work effectively with various levels of personnel both independently as well as in a team environment
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, health insurance, bonuses, PTO, and paid holidays. If you have the skills and experience and are interested in applying, please send us cover letter and resume for consideration.
We ask that you please visit our website: https://cpaofcolumbiamd.com, to watch the videos and learn more about our office and work culture.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers