Boutique elder law firm seeks a full-time legal assistant to support at least two attorneys and two paralegals in a very busy practice located on Main Street, Sykesville, Maryland. Hammond Law, LLC represents clients throughout the Medicaid Long-Term care planning and application process, as well as clients with estate planning, probate and guardianship matters.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter as a PDF attachment via email. Please use "Entry/Mid-Level Legal Assistant" as the "Subject" of your email.
IMPORTANT: submissions that do not follow these instructions or résumés and cover letters with grammatical, spelling, or formatting errors will not be considered.
Regretfully, our office is located in an historic building which is not handicap-accessible. There are two steps off the sidewalk into the main entrance and there are three flights of stairs in between the conference room and the staff offices. Frequent trips up and down the stairs are required throughout the day.
• Highly professional
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, substantive and administrative deadlines
• Self-starter, highly motivated with ability to work efficiently and independently
• Strong digital and physical organizational skills
Highly desirable skills:
• Administrative experience
• Experience in an elder law or estate planning practice
• Familiarity with Maryland Judiciary Case Search, SDAT Real Property Search & Land Records
• Notary Public (for the State of Maryland)
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
• Answering phones
• Calendar management
• Drafting correspondence and other legal documents for attorney review
• Copying, filing and mailing all office mail
• File management (opening, filing, diary management, closing)
• Greeting clients
• Inventory and ordering office supplies
• Filing deeds, Wills, and petitions throughout Maryland
• Light office cleaning duties (dusting, wiping, trash, etc.)
• Bank deposits
• Monday through Friday
• 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• $24,000 - $30,000 annual gross salary (commensurate with experience)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance (after 90 day probationary period)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers