PropertyRoom.com is seeking a full time Merchant Development Representative in our Frederick, MD corporate office.
This role will be responsible for new merchant acquisition, supporting merchant program revenue growth and assisting with merchant relations across our portfolio of digital properties, including PropertyRoom.com and other sites.
We are seeking experienced sales professionals with great communication skills, a warm and outgoing demeanor, a positive attitude and the ability to manage their time effectively when faced with a variety of deadlines. Must be proactive and possess self-starting and self-leadership skills.
The Merchant Development Representative will be responsible for managing an entire sales lead cycle from identifying potential merchants to assisting in merchant onboarding and retention activities. The Representative needs to be a "people person" that builds relationships easily, and solves concerns & issues diplomatically. Good teamwork skills, with a keen eye for detail, communication with other departments to obtain information and responding to merchants' requests efficiently and timely are essential. Familiarity with the used goods industry (collectibles, jewelry, watches and antiques) is essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Research and identify potential merchants
• Successfully grow the portfolio of active merchants
• Educate potential merchants about our platforms
• Upsell and cross-promote platforms to merchants
• Manage the merchant onboarding process
• Track interactions with existing and potential merchants in our CRM
• Meet and surpass sales targets
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure merchant success
• Support merchants by routing concerns/queries to the appropriate corporate team member
• Excellent customer service skills
• Effective team membership skills
• Ability to manage merchants
• Effective verbal and electronic communication skills
• Analytical and ability/aptitude
• Located in Frederick, MD
• 1-3 years of Sales experience, full lifecycle preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong experience with MS office (Excel in particular)
• Self-motivated, with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in a team environment
• Able to multi-task
• Attentive to detail and accuracy
• Work with limited supervision
• Previous auction industry experience a plus
• Knowledge of workflow and business process management a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please visit our site for a better idea of what we do - PropertyRoom.com.
• Sales (1-3 years): 1+ years
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers