PropertyRoom.com is seeking a full time Merchant Success Representative in our Frederick, MD corporate office. This role is fundamental to supporting new merchant acquisition, merchant program revenue growth and merchant relations for our digital properties. We are seeking an individual with great communication skills, a warm and outgoing demeanor, a positive attitude and the ability to manage their time effectively when faced with a variety of deadlines. Must be proactive and possess self-starting and self-leadership skills. We are launching new business opportunities this year and this role will be integral to their success.
The Merchant Success Representative's responsibilities are to support the growth of our portfolio of Merchants and Business Owners utilizing any of our digital properties, while providing friendly, efficient customer service.
The Representative will be responsible for identifying potential merchants as well as assisting with the onboarding and retention processes. The Representative needs to be a "people person" that builds relationships easily, and solves concerns & issues diplomatically. Good teamwork skills, with a keen eye for detail, communication with other departments to obtain information and responding to merchants' requests efficiently and timely are essential.
Familiarity with antiques, collectibles and the auction industry is a plus.
The most important responsibility of a Merchant Success Representative is growing our merchant program across our digital properties.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Identify potential merchants
• Successfully grow the portfolio of active merchants
• Educate potential merchants about our platforms
• Upsell and cross-promote platforms to merchants
• Facilitate the merchant onboarding process
• Assist in account creation and set-up
• Track interactions with existing and potential merchants in our internal systems
• Create reports to track success of merchant program
• Escalate merchant issues as needed to the appropriate department
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure merchant success
• Support merchants by routing concerns/queries to the appropriate corporate team member
• Work alongside other team members
• Excellent customer service skills
• Effective team membership skills
• Ability to manage third-party contractors and suppliers
• Effective verbal and electronic communication skills
• Located in Frederick, MD
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong experience with MS office (Excel in particular)
• Self-motivated, with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in a team environment
• Able to multi-task
• Attentive to detail and accuracy
• Work with limited supervision
• Previous auction industry or sales experience a plus
• Experience providing support to a portfolio of clients
TO APPLY: Please place "Merchant Success Representative" in the email subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please visit our site for a better idea of what we do - PropertyRoom.com.
• Customer Service (0-2 years)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers