compensation: commensurate with qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among "Colleges that Change Lives" and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for an Administrative Assistant in the Office of Academic Life. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit the College website for details.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Sophomore Students, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Academic Deans and provide secondary support for the Dean of the Faculty. This person will provide professional partnership to the administrative team within the Office of Academic Life.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; two years college or business school preferred. Appropriate experience may be substituted.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a professional office setting preferred.
• Must know Microsoft Office suite and general professional standards for managing correspondence and setting a professional tone.
• Attention to detail as well as excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Must be able to work accurately while managing a dynamic workflow under tight deadlines.
• Ability to understand and adhere to Federal guidelines (e.g. FERPA) and to maintain confidentiality required.
• Strong customer service skills including phone manner and a willingness to help.
• Assist Academic Deans by collecting student data and generating reports related to enrolled students.
• Maintain calendars in Outlook and support the work of Academic Deans, as assigned.
• Maintain and update student records in Image Now.
• Use professional judgment and discretion to manage official correspondence with students, families, and colleagues as needed, under direction of administrative staff.
• Welcome visitors to Academic Life; assist and direct those in need of assistance whether in person, by phone or by email.
• Other duties as assigned by Academic Life.
For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please visit the college's employment webpage (https://employment.mcdaniel.edu/). Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications will begin on January 4, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status or any other legally protected status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers