compensation: 35K to 80k+ depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
UP TO $2000 Bonus Depending on Experience
In order to diagnosis appliance repair needs, the Service Professional will, at a minimum, employ the following:
• Listen to customers and/or refer to work orders in order to establish the nature of appliance malfunctions.
• Disassemble appliances so that problems can be diagnosed and repairs can be made.
• Observe and examine appliances during operation to detect specific malfunctions such as loose parts or leaking fluid.
• Refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, and troubleshooting guides in order to diagnose and repair problems.
• Trace electrical circuits, following diagrams, and conduct tests with circuit testers and other equipment to locate shorts and grounds.
• Test and examine gas pipelines and equipment to locate leaks and faulty connections, only as it applies to the gas appliance.
• The ability to select and use basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair or test various products.
• The ability to give the customer an accurate estimate of the cost of repair or installation.
• Other methods as required.
Appliance repair will require some or all of the following:
• Determine parts needed to repair the appliance, utilizing schematics and other resources.
• Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
• Clean and reinstall parts as needed.
• Replace worn and defective parts such as, switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring.
• Set appliance thermostats, and check to ensure that they are functioning properly.
• Clean, lubricate, and touch up minor defects on newly installed or repaired appliances.
• Conserve, recover, and recycle refrigerants used in cooling systems.
• Level refrigerators, adjust doors, and connect water lines to water pipes for ice makers and water dispensers, using hand tools.
• Level washing machines and connect hoses to water pipes, using hand tools.
• Light and adjust pilot lights on gas stoves, and examine valves and burners for gas leakage and specified flame.
• Service and repair electrical and/or gas appliances such as clothes washers, refrigerators, stoves, dryers, etc.
• Other steps necessary to repair the appliance as required.
• The ability to read, understand and navigate through information presented in schematics, diagrams, blueprints or other pictorial displays on an I-Pad
• The ability to use an I-Pad for service call processes, routing functions and parts/inquiries/ordering
• The ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis, and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis without assistance and the physical ability to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances
• The ability to provide knowledgeable, courteous and professional customer service
• The knowledge of basic electrical principles
• The ability to work Base customer service hours: M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm Variable and flexible hours. Saturday opportunities could be available if desired by the technician.
• Paid Holidays and vacation time.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
• Life insurance is provided at no cost to the employee.
• Career Opportunities, Uniforms, Ipad, Service Van, and Gas Card provided.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Valid state drivers license.
• CFC/EPA Certification Universal (Desired)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers