Sr. Tech Lead - Communications Support (Boonsboro, MD)
compensation: up to $85,000 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Senior Technical Lead for the Communications Support Team (CST) will become part of a team of technical communications professionals supporting the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Command, Control, and Communications (C3) office which is responsible for ensuring emergency operations are maintained. If disruptions, such as national emergencies, natural disasters, or equipment malfunctions occur, the C3 office is chartered with restoring the communication services expeditiously. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Support the Communications Support Team (CST) emergency operations by setting up and maintaining equipment, including upkeep associated with the Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV);
• Provide technical support for emergency deployments and government events as required;
• Provide operations and maintenance support for radio and microwave networks;
• Provide technical support for a wide variety of communications including satellite communications, VHF, MSAT, BGAN’s in support of FAA emergency operations;
• Experience in VSAT, iDirect, IP, Protocols, Routing, NAT, Tunneling, VTC, Polycom, Cabling required;
• Ability to terminate Cat5e and Fiber required;
• Other Duties as assigned.
The contract employee must have a background that includes the following attributes:
• Strong Satellite (AvL, VSAT, iDirect) experience;
• Experience with VHF Radio;
• Basic Windows System Administration;
• Must have a good communications technology background;
• Ability to work on-call, nights, weekends, and holidays as required during a National Special Security Event (NSSE), an emergency/significant incident, or an exercise;
• Ability to deploy communications vans, trailers and chase vehicles for road or air transport to emergency areas in support of FAA’s emergency communications mission;
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and SharePoint-based applications.
Applicants must possess or meet eligibility requirements for gaining a Secret security clearance, US citizenship is required.
Applicants should have or be able to obtain Class B Commercial Driver’s License within 3 months in order to drive the FAA C3 Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV). This position requires driving/travel to some disaster areas across this US when they happen.
Applicants will need to be able to assist in setting up the Emergency Response vehicle; this will require the ability to lift and set up heavy satellite communications devices, tents and other items, as required.
• HS Diploma
• 10 years of experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities