compensation: Depending on experience and compatibility of qualifications. $25-35 per hour. Paid Vacation & Holidays. Health Insurance Allowance. Year round work. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
ALL MIXED UP LLC
We are looking for a qualified applicant to drive and operate a Volumetric ("mix on site") Concrete Truck for deliveries located throughout the Maryland, DC, Northern Virginia, and Baltimore metro areas.
Qualifications and Job Duties:
• Commercial Driver's License (Minimum Class B & air brake endorsement) with 2 years minimum verifiable experience in a Class 8, Heavy Haul environment.
• Clean VERIFIABLE MVA driving record and EXCELLENT EMPLOYMENT REFERENCES
• Ability to drive a 70,000 lb vehicle with an automatic transmission safely and responsibly
• Proficiency to operate equipment (skid steer & articulated loader) for loading aggregate materials on truck.
• Ability to enter secure government facilities through completed background checks
• Knowledge of DOT regulations and possess a current DOT medical card
• Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle to inspect tires, brakes, fluid levels, lights, air systems etc.
• Customer service orientated personality
• Operate truck & drive to job site. Safely maneuver truck on job site, attach chutes to discharge material, set mix designs and operate mixer, evaluate slump and mix quality and adjust as necessary through constant monitoring & clean truck to minimize concrete buildup.
• Capable of filling out delivery tickets and receive customer payments
• Ability to work Saturdays, overtime and unusual hours as necessary
• Ability to work independently
• Safety conscious attitude
• Reliable & Dependable
• Mechanically inclined & knowledge of shop tools
• Ability to perform basic maintenance of truck from greasing, fueling, servicing and minor repairs.
• Ability to keep truck clean and presentable
• Familiarity with routes/roadways in suburban Maryland, DC, Northern Virginia, & Baltimore metro area
• Ability use GPS routing as well read a map
• Possess clear communication skills with customers and dispatch
• Ability to understand and follow through with clear instructions
• Ability to work and perform in a fast paced environment and adapt to changing delivery schedules
• Ability to climb ladders and lift 50lbs
• Knowledge of concrete characteristics and finishing techniques a plus (mix designs, slumps, PSI, quality)
• Clean & presentable professional appearance
• Able to Problem Solve
• Able to Pass pre-employment AND Random DOT Drug Screen
• COMMON SENSE REQUIRED
**It’s amazing to me that I actually need to include the following in this advertisement from what is already listed above:
DO NOT apply if ANY of the following describes you:
• --Your only verifiable CDL experience is driving a city/county or metro bus
• --Think “Calling in sick” is a way to get a day off to run errands
• --Oversleep frequently
• --Experience flat tires, dead batteries or have other car trouble every other week
• --Have difficulty finding someone to babysit your children daily
• --You can’t handle criticism for doing something wrong if the correct way was explained thoroughly in advance or during training
• --You love to complain & have a negative attitude
• --Have ANGER MANAGEMENT issues
• --You lack patience with customers and their representatives
• --Blame others for your screw ups
• --Think your employer owes you something more than a paycheck every week
• --Think stealing from your employer is acceptable
• --Don't appreciate hard work
• --You are afraid to get dirty
• --Smoke, text or talk on the phone more than you work
• --Think the work day in the construction industry is a 9 to 5 job
• --Require gold stars every day for doing your job
• --Will become an expert at your job with no need to learn or take advice after the first day
• --Think that "420" is something more than a time which occurs twice a day on a clock or a day on the April calendar.
• --Can only Pass a drug test if it is multiple choice or True/False
• --Lack Common Sense
• --Your idea of a job is to be trained & paid for 3 weeks to turn around and quit in the 4th week of employment.
• --Can't appreciate or understand the sarcasm & humor with the above
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers